I am adrift amongst the stars.
A distance away the bright winks of light hold steady.
Unreachable and ever in view, there's a tranquility here.
I see but cannot feel.
Stretched wide to gather in all that I may, my eyes expand to take in what my fingers ache to hold.
A phantom limb, a lost tooth, I worry at the nothing, certain that one more pass will stumble my senses back upon the familiar.
I ache to ease my mind, I ache to find purchase within.
I cannot say for certain what it is I'm yearning for.
It is small, it is infinite, it is evasive and unnamed.
Ever reaching in all directions.
Unknowing of which way to move, I'm lost among cosmic possibility.
To choose, I shut out all but the faintest of calls and expand myself towards a whisper of inexplicable.
It will make itself known.
Speaking to me in a manner no singular sense can discern.
It will strike the chord that is my truth and hum through me my misplaced tenderness.
And I will follow and take my ease, release the reigns and know that distant star.
The one out in the vast black, waiting for me to happen upon it and give end to my search.
I thought we had been introduced, once upon a dream.
I was mistaken.
If this particular knowledge had been discovered, if I had had the pleasure, nothing could have withstood my will to love and keep it always.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment